There was no shortage of drama and excitement from Cairns, Australia, during the downhill race at World Champs.
Here are some Elite Men’s highlights:
- Sam Hill, first rider down in the Elite Men’s field had a blistering run and held it until Mick Hannah. 6th place on his enduro bike. He was one of 4 Aussies in the Top 6.
- Bruce Klein and Neko Mulally, #USDH stompers had a fantastic runs with impressive finish pedals!
- Rupert Chapman put down the Kiwi horses for a massive finish to cap off a great top-to-bottom run.
- Marcelo Gutierrez is a beast.
- Mick Hannah put it together with a flawless run and powerful finish sprint. Mick has been quite vocal about his training in the region in hopes of winning World Champs and he ran as hard as he could, but it just wasn’t his day. He earned 2nd place by .33 seconds. In 2013 at Pietmaritzburg, Mick was 2nd by .39 seconds. Just out of reach for one of the nicest riders on the planet.
- Greg Minnaar and flats are bumming us out lately.
- How’d Gwin look? We have no idea. Feed tanked. He got a bronze medal though, his first medal from World Champs.
- Jack Moir, closing out an epic season with 4th place.
- Loic Bruni – power, perfection and taking the win like only he could. The run was pure grace and focus. YEAH LOIC! (even though you broke our hearts by bumping Mick by less than half the length of a rabid Australian trouser snake).